Just like I did, Hina married a Caucasian man. And like Otto and me, they’ve created a successful marriage. In their case, 15 years strong!
Join me for Part 2 of my conversation with Hina and Dave. They invited me into their lovely home to record this interview. We had so much fun, we had to break it up into two parts.
If you haven’t heard Part 1 yet, listen to it here.
Here’s some of what you can expect to hear in this episode:
- How a new grandchild brings interracial marriage families closer together
- Why Hina’s mom lives with the family (and how it enriches her kids’ lives)
- The Indian cultural norm that made it almost impossible for Dave to change his daughter’s diapers
- Why Dave doesn’t confide in members of his immediate family (and who he does confide in)
- Something Hina did that was very upsetting to Dave (and how they resolved it)
- Why Indian women feel a need to have and control their own money (apart from the family budget)
- And much more!