I thought it would be appropriate to begin this journey with you by talking about the Indian interracial marriage I know best: my own!
Join me for Part 1 of my conversation with my husband Otto about how we met, started dating, and got married.
(Note: I refer to this as Episode 1 in the recording, but this is actually Episode 2. Episode 1 is a short introduction to the podcast. Click here to listen to it now.)
Here’s some of what you can expect to hear in this episode:
- The decision Otto made at a yoga class that changed his life — and mine — forever
- Why I was initially apprehensive to tell my parents about my new relationship
- How both of us went from not ever wanting to get married to having two weddings
- Why Otto refused to let me translate for him when he first met my parents
- The immediate expectation my parents had for me and Otto
- How my parents’ religious beliefs made them accept Otto without reservation
- Why our wedding had to be a public affair
- The differences in attitudes about money in Indian and American cultures
- And much more!